Thursday, September 8, 2022

Some random thoughts about trip

Rail travel is easy

But not all european trains run on time - the UK services compare ok (i am sure the locals complain about pubic transport just as much as we do)

Sketchers are great shoes - i wore the same pair throughout my trip, walked a lot of steps but shoes were always comfortable

Its still embarassing that everywhere speaks English and my foreign language skills are so poor

I really should have travelled around Europe more over the years

My knowledge of history is really poor 

Travel is a great way of improving your knowledge of history

I was either lucky with my tour guides, or all overseas tour guides are superb (I hope the same applies for UK)

How did we ever survive before digital cameras. The thought now of using a roll of film, rationing the photos you take and then waiting to have them developed to see whether you took a good photo or not seems so long ago

I took too much luggage. My main bag was full, as was my rucksack, as eventually was the rucksack given to me at the bridge. I planned one small laundry along the way but should have gone for two pit stops. Felt like i was wearing hard tyres all the way.

Clothes packing cubes are great (that such a sad thing for me to admit thinking)

Why have i not been to Italy more in my life?

Technology continues to change how we live our life. I went with smartphone, tablet and laptop. Most of my tickets/reservations were online.

Cliche i know - but travel does really broaden your mind

No comments:

Post a Comment